This is one of those dishes that hardly needs a recipe. It’s quick and easy. It’s my go-to-recipe when I want (need) pasta for one. Yes, I can eat this entire recipe by myself, but it does serve two generous portions. (I usually have half for dinner and the other half, I eat cold the next day for lunch). Lemon Spaghetti is light and refreshing but really satisfying when I need a pasta fix. This pasta dish leaves you full but not stuffed, leaving plenty of room for dessert!
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the pasta (I use spaghetti or angel hair) in salted water until tender.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the olive oil, cheese, lemon juice and salt.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return to the saucepan.
- Give the lemon sauce a quick whisk to blend the ingredients, pour over the pasta in the pan.
- Toss in the basil, parsley and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I swear this would taste better sitting in a lemon grove with a glass of …