This is one of those dishes that hardly needs a recipe. It’s quick and it’s easy.
It’s my go-to-recipe when I want a simple summer meal.
Although this serves two generous portions, it is very good with polpette con limone.
Lemon Spaghetti is light, refreshing and really satisfying when I need a pasta fix. This delightful dish leaves you full but not stuffed, saving plenty of room for dessert! Perhaps, some lemon sorbet with candied basil and a plate of lemon Biscotti.
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil (Delicate or lemon olive oil)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the pasta (I use spaghetti or angel hair) in salted water until tender.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the olive oil, cheese, lemon juice and salt.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return to the saucepan.
- Give the lemon sauce a quick whisk to blend the ingredients, pour over the pasta in the pan.
- Toss in the basil, parsley and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This is such a delicious meal, I swear it couldn’t taste any better unless I was sitting in a lemon grove with a glass of …