This is one of those dishes that hardly needs a recipe. It’s quick and it’s easy.
It’s my go-to-recipe when I want a simple summer meal.
This serves two generous portions. If you are dining alone, have half for dinner and enjoy the other half the next day for lunch.
Lemon Spaghetti is light, refreshing and really satisfying when I need a pasta fix. This delightful dish leaves you full but not stuffed, saving plenty of room for dessert! Perhaps, some lemon sorbet with candied basil and a plate of lemon Biscotti.
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil (Delicate or lemon olive oil)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the pasta (I use spaghetti or angel hair) in salted water until tender.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the olive oil, cheese, lemon juice and salt.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return to the saucepan.
- Give the lemon sauce a quick whisk to blend the ingredients, pour over the pasta in the pan.
- Toss in the basil, parsley and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This is such a delicious meal, I swear it couldn’t taste any better unless I was sitting in a lemon grove with a glass of …