During the hot months of summer, a refreshing iced coffee is a welcome drink.
Keep these sweet cubes of coffee and sweetened condensed milk, (milk with sugar) in your freezer. Make a strong pot of your favorite coffee and chill in the refrigerator.
When you have a thirst for a cold caffeinated beverage, all you need to do is fill a tall glass with your fresh brewed (chilled) coffee or espresso and add the desired amount of cappuccini cubes to create your own special blend (I prefer two cappuccini cubes in a glass filled with cold espresso).
Faster and less expensive than your local barista, so enjoy this icy-cold pick-me-up and be cooled off before you know it.
- 4 cups coffee, fresh brewed (room temperature)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- In a blender, combine the coffee and sweetened condensed milk, blend until smooth. Pour into ice cube trays, (makes 46 cubes) freeze until solid.
- To remove cubes, run a small spatula around the outer edge to loosen.
- Store in resealable plastic freezer bags until ready to use.