I have been making “ice cubes” to have on hand for our iced coffees. I have made Creamy Milk Cubes, Cappuccini Cubes and “Ice” Coffee.
Sometimes I add chocolate to the coffee (chocolate and coffee are a match made in heaven). If the whole purpose of making the cubes is convenience for an iced coffee on a moment’s notice, it was only logical to come up with a chocolate cube.
As you can see in the picture, even when the cube is melting, it looks thick and rich. You may also enjoy chocolate espresso cubes with the creamy milk cubes, for an adult chocolate milk.
- 3/4 cup milk whole
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder, instant
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate chips (or bar cut into pieces)
- In a small saucepan, stir together the milk, water, sugar, cocoa and espresso powders. Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Pour over the chocolate chips or pieces, stir until smooth.
- Freeze in ice cube trays.