For those who enjoy milk in their iced coffee, these creamy milk cubes work perfectly.
Because evaporated milk has had the water removed, your iced coffee will not become diluted as it would with regular ice cubes.
Fill a tall glass with fresh brewed chilled coffee, add creamy milk cubes and stir. Add as many as you like, depending on your ratio preference of milk to coffee
These cubes are not sweet, so you may like to add a cappuccino cube or two. If your taste buds are craving a little chocolate with your caffeine, try the chocolate espresso ice cube and for a grown-up chocolate milk, skip the coffee altogether and combine the creamy milk cubes with the chocolate espresso cubes.
Once you find your “perfect blend” of cubes, if you’d like a blended coffee drink (think Starbucks Frappuccino) toss the cubes (in any combination) in a blender. Top with whipped cream just like the famous coffeehouse.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh brewed coffee (room temperature)
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- In a blender, combine the coffee and evaporated milk, blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into ice cube trays, freeze until solid.
- To remove cubes, run a small spatula or butter knife around the outer edge to loosen.
- Store cubes (makes 25) in resealable plastic freezer bags until ready to use.