Luscious, creamy and rich-tasting baked ricotta is delicious on its own but, paired with your favorite vegetables, it’s even better.
My favorites are (front to back) sauteed kale with garlic, roasted cherry tomatoes and lemon-roasted broccolini. Serve with bruschette for an easy appetizer or side dish. Add a soup and/or salad and call it a meal.
Another healthy and satisfying dish to enjoy on those meatless Fridays during Lent.
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Pecorino-Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil (Robust), for final drizzle and oiling baking dish
- Using a small bowl, combine the ricotta, egg and cheese. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture into oiled oven-proof baking dishes, ramekins, gratin dish or custard cups.
- Bake in a 375* oven for 20 minutes.
- To serve, top with your vegetable of choice and a generous drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Bruschette is a must!