A colorful libation to begin a delicious day!
Brunch is my favorite way to entertain. It can be casual or elegant, yet the atmosphere is always festive, friendly and fun. It is the perfect opportunity to invite newcomers to the neighborhood, celebrate a special occasion or just relax and enjoy with family and friends.
The best thing about serving brunch is that most of the preparation can be done in advance. Recipes such as, Jam-y Fig and Ricotta Bruschette, Broccoli in Crosta, Baked Artichoke Frittata and Caramelized Onion, Fig and Gorgonzola Crostata need little attention when your guests arrive (so you can enjoy the party).
Sicilian Sunrise can be made with or without the alcohol. I usually prepare pitchers of both versions. This refreshing fruit cocktail recipe serves two.
- 3 ounces Limoncello or Arancello
- 1 ounce strawberry puree, plus extra strawberries for garnish
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 3 ounces orange juice
- Place enough fresh strawberries (or frozen) in a blender to make the puree.
- Add the Limoncello or Arancello and fruit juices and blend.
- If you’re making a non-alcohol version, substitute equal amounts of pineapple and orange juice in place of the Limoncello/Arancello. Chill well.
- To serve, pour into your favorite glasses and garnish with a fresh strawberry and small orange wedge. Makes 2 servings.