This past New Year’s Day, I made this sensational salad with caramelized pears. It’s really good! Today, I only have one pear and am in a bit of a hurry. So, this is basically the same ingredients, using a room temperature pear, rather than a warm caramelized one, and a different presentation. It’s still amazing! If you do not have dried cranberries, use raisins and if there are no pecans, try walnuts. Blue cheese is a good substitute for the Gorgonzola. Use your favorite salad greens and in place of the rosemary lemon sea salt, use regular salt with a bit of lemon zest. There you have it, salad for one (or 2) made your way. I Enjoyed it with leftover poached chicken and a slice of lemon ricotta cheesecake
- 1 ripe fresh pear, unpeeled (I used a Bosc pear)
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (Delicate),
- Sicilian white lemon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch Rosemary and Lemon sea salt
- Fresh spring greens (or other lettuce)
- Toasted pecans
- Dried cranberries
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Cut the pear in half, lengthwise and remove the core. Cut into large bite-size pieces.
- Using a salad bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 tablespoons of oil and rosemary sea salt. Add the chopped pears, stir to coat. Toss in the salad greens. Taste and if needed, drizzle with a bit more oil and vinegar.
- Scatter the pecans, and cranberries over the salad. Crumble the gorgonzola over all. I ate mine out of the bowl I mixed it in. Easy clean-up!