If you need another reason to make the fresh raspberry preserves, this is it.
There are many times I need to come up with a last-minute dish for guests and must forage through the pantry shelves and refrigerator for inspiration.
With homemade preserves stashed in the freezer, ricotta and a pie crust, (homemade or purchased) this easy to put together tart is the solution.
Not only can this tart be served for dessert, but it’s also quick to put together for a delicious treat to have with your morning coffee. If you have raspberries left over, you may enjoy balsamic berries.
- Fresh raspberry preserves
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Pie crust, baked
- In a mixing bowl, combine some ricotta and confectioner’s sugar, (to your desired sweetness) beat until smooth. Spread evenly on a baked tart shell or baked pie crust.
- Top with fresh raspberries.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of the preserves and spoon over tart, creating a glaze.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
Basic Berry Tips: Never rinse off the berries until you are ready to use them. Once rinsed, they will deteriorate at lightning speed. Because fresh berries are so delicate, I remove them from their original container and keep them in a single layer on top of paper towels in the refrigerator.