Fresh cranberries are in season from late October until early winter. They can be stored in the refrigerator for a month or so but, do not wash until you are ready to use.
This tangy-sweet dressing will add pizzazz to tender lettuces, pairs well with poultry and pork and turns your leftover holiday turkey into a delicious salad when paired with arugula (or spring greens), goat cheese and toasted walnuts or pecans.
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (Delicate)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon scallions (green onion), green part only
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- In a medium-size pot, combine the apple juice and cranberries and then bring to a boil. Cook until mixture has reduced and thickened.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the scallions (reserve the white part for another use) and combine them with the olive oil, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the pot with the cranberries and stir until thoroughly blended. Let the vinaigrette cool and then season with the salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.