This boldly flavored warm pasta salad is a crowd-pleaser and a great dish to bring to a potluck. The Kalamata olives compliment the red pepper hummus and for more of a Greek taste, add the optional feta cheese and use a Greek olive oil.
Store-bought tortellini and a dressing quickly made from hummus will have this simple meal ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta and prepare the vinaigrette. Can be enjoyed immediately or served at room temperature. This recipe can also be prepared in advance, simply refrigerate until ready to serve (tastes best at room temperature).
- 4 cups cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (Medium or Robust)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- Feta cheese, optional
- Arugula, optional
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the hummus, olive oil and vinegar until blended.
- Cook the tortellini, drain and then immediately toss into the vinaigrette, coating each little pasta with the dressing. Stir in the olives and feta cheese (if using) and season with salt and pepper. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. Serve at room temperature over a bed of arugula.