These quick and easy-to-prepare biscuits will add a special touch to your everyday breakfast. And, if you’re having overnight guests for the holidays, it’s nice to have something fresh from the oven to go with their morning coffee.
The biscuits are topped with mascarpone and orange marmalade before they are baked, making them ready to serve in 10-15 minutes. You may wish to pair them with baked broccoli frittata, caramelized onion and Gruyere quiche or bell peppers and eggs. A platter of fresh oranges compliments this delicious breakfast.
- 3 cups Bisquick, plus a bit more for kneading dough
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 ounces mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Sugar, granulated
- Using a large bowl, mix together the Bisquick, orange peel and orange juice until a soft dough forms, then beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Transfer dough onto a clean surface dusted with Bisquick and then roll the dough in the Bisquick. Knead 10 times.
- Roll dough 1/2-inch thick and cut into 2 1/2-inch circles, using a cookie cutter (I use a juice glass). Place biscuits on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using a small bowl, mix together the mascarpone and orange marmalade. Make an indentation in each biscuit (I use my finger) and put a spoonful of the mascarpone mixture on top. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a 450* oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Makes about 15 biscuits.