Everything’s better with biscuits! These southern specialties have a soft tender crumb with a slight sweet taste and a kiss of cinnamon. These better than cornbread (in my opinion) biscuits will compliment many meals. They are a natural with breakfast, perfect with Jambalaya and a tasty snack stuffed with leftover brisket or baked ham. However, you choose to serve them, they will add a sense of warmth and sweetness to your table.
- 1 pound can of sweet potatoes, drained
- 4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or milk)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Mix in biscuit mix and cinnamon.
- Add butter, stir, then add milk blending all ingredients.
- Roll on floured pastry board to about 1-inch thickness.
Cut with a 2-inch cookie cutter or a glass. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake in a 450* oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
These are delicious served with Red Beans and Rice, Jambalaya or just about anything you’d serve with cornbread.