One of the easiest and quickest sauces you’ll ever make. I use it on ravioli and tortellini (so much better than anything you’ll find in a jar).
It also turns fresh or frozen peas into a luscious creamed vegetable.
Mascarpone is a staple in my house that I use for both sweet and savory dishes. This creamy fresh tasting sauce will keep for 2-3 days in the frig and can be re-heated.
The only thing quicker is my no-cooking needed fresh ricotta sauce.
- 1 (16-ounce) package cheese ravioli
- 1 (8-ounce) container Mascarpone
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Marsala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients, except the ravioli. On low heat, whisk until smooth and sauce is warm.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, drain.
- Transfer to a platter, pour over the sauce. Garnish with a bit of lemon zest if you wish.