One hot summer, (hot for California, not so much for Arizona) I was searching through my pantry and refrigerator for the makings of a quick summer meal.
The result was this “needs no cooking” sauce.
The ingredients go into a blender, pulse until smooth and once poured over hot pasta, the two become one, a blissful marriage indeed.
I usually pair it with tortellini or ravioli. This is a fresh, simple and satisfying spring or summer dish you will want to add to your “culinary bag of tricks.”
- 12 ounces tortellini pasta
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a blender, puree the ricotta, evaporated milk, rosemary, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Squeeze the lemon and grate the Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Cook the tortellini, drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle the pasta with lemon juice. Add the ricotta sauce, tossing lightly.
- Garnish with the fresh chives and Parmesan cheese.