The flavor of Creole cooking in a jar, this mixture of spices makes it easy and convenient to prepare your favorite New Orleans dishes (Pasta Milanese).
Depending on where you live in the country, you could purchase a ready-made spice blend (like Emeril’s Essence) or you can make your own.
The spices below should be readily available in your local market. I like a dish to be enhanced with a spice, but not overpowered by it. This combination adds flavor with a decent amount of heat. If you like your food spicier, you could always, “Kick it up a notch.”
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon course sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mix well.
- Transfer the spices to a clean container with a tight-fitting lid.