The picturesque Island of Capri, in the Bay of Naples, once a rather secret destination for artists, writers and the rich and famous, sees nearly 10,000 visitors a day during the summer.
My suggestion … wait until the fall to visit this enchanting island and make this luscious libation to enjoy now.
Limoncello, an Italian liqueur, served icy cold (it’s kept in the freezer) is a favorite after dinner drink.
This recipe is for one but can easily be multiplied to make as many servings as you need.
I recently made a small pitcher to take to a friends dinner party, (served in Limoncello glasses) along with my lemon ice box pie for a perfect ending to her lovely dinner.
A delicious blending of espresso and cream with this lemony liqueur is a refreshing antidote to the summer heat (wherever you are).
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping cream, not half and half)
- 2 tablespoons espresso freshly brewed, chilled
- In a small pitcher, combine the Limoncello, heavy cream and chilled espresso.
- Whisk or stir until thoroughly blended. Cover, store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pour into a lemoncello glass. (Must be served cold).