For many, lamb is a seasonal favorite. The rosemary and lemon (a classic combination) permeate the lamb chops and flavor the potatoes at the same time. This is an easy dish to put together with dinner on the table in less than an hour.
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 pound new potatoes, thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb chops
- Mix together the lemon zest (save a bit for optional garnish) and rosemary, set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Using your hands, rub the potatoes with the oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Grease the bottom of an oven-proof baking dish with olive oil and line with half of the potatoes.
- Place the chops on a large plate and season both sides with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and massage into the meat (both sides). Lay the lamb chops on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Add the remaining potatoes all around (not on top) the chops. Drizzle olive oil over the the lamb and potatoes.
- Bake in a 425* oven for 25 minutes.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate and let rest. Meanwhile put the potatoes back in the oven and bake until golden and tender.
- To serve, place 2 lamb chops on individual plates along with some potatoes. Squeeze lemon juice on the chops, add a small sprig of rosemary to the potatoes and a bit of zest over the dish.