This bold sauce is similar to pesto, as it’s the same consistency and requires no cooking. Made with a fruity extra-virgin with a peppery finish and two types of tomatoes, sun-dried and fresh cherry tomatoes, this thick sauce can be used as a spread to liven up any sandwich or tossed into pasta. This is a favorite during the hot days (and nights) of summer because you’ll spend less time preparing the meal and more time enjoying it!
- 1 Cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil (Robust)
- 1 Teaspoon capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 Cups cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Pound pasta
- Using a blender, puree the sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil and capers until well blended.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and salt and then puree until smooth.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a large serving bowl and then stir in the cheese and fresh herbs.
- Cook pasta, drain (do not rinse) and immediately toss with sauce.