If you have eggs in the frig and just about any vegetable, you can make a frittata. This recipe is easy to prepare and makes the perfect small bite. Baked in a muffin pan, mini frittate (plural) are the perfect make-ahead snack. They reheat nicely so when I need a quick bite, my mini meal is ready by the time I prepare a coffee and grab a couple of biscotti.
I enjoy this combination of asparagus and roasted red peppers, however, you can make variations depending on what is in your garden, refrigerator and/or pantry. If you don’t have the time or inclination to prepare the peppers, you can use Mezzetta roasted red peppers (I keep a few jars on hand if I don’t have my homemade version).
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, few grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 cup (heaping) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup (heaping) roasted asparagus, chopped
- Extra-Virgin olive oil, for greasing the muffin tins
- Oil the bottom and sides of each muffin cup with the olive oil
- In a mixing bowl (I use a large glass measuring cup for easy pouring), whisk the eggs a bit, then add the ricotta, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour just a bit of egg mixture into each oiled muffin cup. Evenly distribute the asparagus and red peppers into each cup. Pour the remaining egg mixture on top. Bake in 350* oven 2o minutes until eggs are set. Enjoy warm or room temperature. Store leftovers in refrigerator.