In this delicious dish, chicken thighs marinate in olive oil, white wine, lemon, and Herbs de Provence. The chicken is then transferred to a skillet and as the chicken cooks with the marinade, the marinade magically turns into the easiest pan sauce you have ever made! I serve it with capellini (angel hair pasta), tossed in some of the sauce.
- 2-pounds chicken thighs (4 thighs), bone in, skin removed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon dried Herbs de Provence
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Capellini Pasta (Optional)
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in a dish that will also hold the marinade (I use a glass Pyrex pie dish). Set aside.
- Using a glass measuring cup or a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine and Herbs de Provence. Stir in the garlic and lemon slices. Pour over the chicken. Turn chicken over a couple of times to ensure each piece is coated with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Using a large skillet with lid, add chicken only and cook over medium heat about 8 minutes. Turn the thighs over and add the marinade, evenly distributing the lemons and herbs. Cover and cook about 10 minutes. Remove garlic cloves.
- To serve family style, toss the pasta in some of the sauce and place in platter. Top with chicken thighs and sauce.