After making a batch of my flavored ice cubes, I got the idea to make a cold soup.
I didn’t really want a hearty gazpacho, rather a light, cool and refreshing spa-like kind of soup. I often put slices of cucumber in my water glass and had several in the frig, so that’s where this recipe started. I used what I had on hand, and this is the result.
My chilled summer soup has a delicately sweet, crisp, clean taste and the addition of sliced frozen grapes makes it especially refreshing. Paired with Scent of Sicily, this restorative repast of a simple summer soup is just what I needed. The only thing missing is the massage.
- 4 cucumbers
- 3 cups green grapes (reserve 1 cup)
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil (Delicate)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- salt, pinch
- Peel the cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds, cut in large chunks.
- In a blender, combine the cucumbers, 2 cups grapes and kiwi with the water, vinegar and salt. Pulse until blended.
- Add the olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator until very cold.
- Freeze the remaining 1-cup of grapes.
- To serve, slice the frozen grapes and add to a pretty dish, top with the soup. Garnish with another slice or two of grapes on top.