Baked in a spring-form pan, this savory pie, can be sliced into small wedges and served as appetizers or as primi piatti. A more generous piece pairs nicely with a salad for a light lunch.
- 2 pounds ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil (drained and chopped)
- Italian parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil (Robust)
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, blend the ricotta and eggs until smooth. Stir in the tomatoes, pulse until they are incorporated into mixture. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and several grinds of black pepper.
- Wrap a piece of foil on the outside of a spring-form pan, covering the bottom and half-way up the sides, to prevent leaking. Spoon mixture into pan. Bake in a 325* oven until firm in the center when pan is shaken, approximately 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan 20-30 minutes, remove outside ring. Serve warm with chopped parsley, a generous drizzle of olive oil and a plate of bruschette. Refrigerate leftovers. Ricotta torte reheats nicely.